17 March 2011

The Kaufmann House by Richard Neutra in 1946

The Kaufmann House was designed by Austria-born architect, Richard Neutra in 1946, and is located in Palm Springs, California. 


The house was built as a winter desert retreat, and commissioned by a German-American department tycoon, Edgar J. Kaufmann Sr. who already owned one of architectures masterpieces, 'Fallingwater', also known as the Kaufmann residence, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1934.












All photos by Julius Shulman

No comments:

Post a Comment