7 January 2011

Serge Thoraval meets Paul Éluard

I've been a fan of Serge Thoraval jewelry for a long time. This French designer's signature style is very simple and hand-craft look often with a poem written on the jewelry. To build up my collection, I am quite attracted by a bracelet and ring embossed with a poem by Paul Éluard. I discovered this respectable French poet recently from the story about Roland Penrose and Lee Miller's Farley Farmhouse. He was also one of the members of the Surrealist movement. The one I like has embossed a line from his late period of work, Dominique aujourd'hui présente, "C'est à partir de toi que j'ai dit oui au monde" ( It was beginning with you that I said yes to the world ). Makes my heart pound!

A set of 7 rings embossed with
Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand


Serge Thoraval Website (Japanese) - www.hpfrance.com/serge_catalog/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment